vintage baby shower preview

November 11, 2011

i am so excited!
my sister and my sister-in-law are both
pregnant with their first babies...
and they are due only a week apart!
we are very busy planning showers, but here
is a sneak peak of the first one.

my sister-in-law loves anthropology and anything vintage,
so we wanted to create a shower that had that feeling.
at first it started as a vintage toy theme, but has morphed into
a vintage toy/book/schoolhouse theme :)
i am so proud of the invite.
it's probably my favorite of anything
i've ever done.
i found a tutorial for how to create a
chalkboard background in illustrator.
{and i did 90% of it without my sister's help}
my mother-in-law helped sew the invite to fabric.
i think it makes it looks so delicate and pretty!
the mommy-to-be is a teacher,
so we loved the "G is for Girl"!

the chalkboard is incorporated throughout the shower
including these cute onesie stickers i made
for baby's monthly pictures.

check back next week to see all the shower details!







4 comments

  1. Great job! these look so cool-I'm sure your family members will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful invite and it looks so professional.

    Love to invite you to share this project at my Thingamajig Thursday party going on now...http://radcrafter.com/2011/11/thingamajig-thursday-party-3/

    Alida

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! any chance you have a list of the fonts you used? I'd like to recreate something similar for my daughters birth announcement. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love ya like a sister, jacks font, little days, urban sketch, and school script

      Delete