once we knew we were having a boy, i wanted to get his nursery ready.
we wanted something that could be a big boy room and not just a nursery.
we decided on a baseball theme.
my husband thought that the "hunter" paneling worked just great since it was going to be a boy. you can see how often i listen to his opinion.
first step: priming
i didn't get any "in between" pictures. (or pictures of me 8 1/2 months pregnant finishing this project)
i painted each section of paneling, alternating blue and taupe
then went back and taped off in between each stripe and painted a dark brown pinstripe. this was very tedious but makes a big difference.
this wall has the dresser/changing table and a floating shelf.
here are some details on the shelf
i printed a picture that i had taken at wrigley field ripped around the edges then used mog podge to attach to a canvas. i did the same thing with a piece of baseball scrapbook paper. then i used a brown stamp pad to "age" the edges.
i found some tin stars at joann fabrics for a couple dollars each. i painted them with hammered copper spray paint.
i'm still planning on adding hooks to a wood bat and hanging it below.
baseball chair from homegoods and tin baseball art from target.
wood letters painted with same brown as pinstripes on wall. i mounted them on scrapbook paper on cork squares.
the crib bedding is a mix of pottery barn collections: a red bumper with stars, khaki sheets with polka dots, and a blue striped crib skirt.