choo choo banner

June 5, 2010


one of my favorite guys is turning 3!
my nephew brayden is having a "choo choo" party.
i wanted to make something special for the party so i put together this banner.


all the pieces were cut on the cricut using 
"mini monograms"
the engine and caboose were just bigger squares.  
then i cute the engine shape from the square.


i think the coal is super cute!
i just cut out a scalloped square (a little smaller than the train car)
 and then cut the square in half and glued it so that just the scallops show.

happy birthday brayden!

6 comments

  1. Wow! You've got a great blog here! You might be interested in stopping by my site sometime. I host a link-up party on Tuesdays called Tot Tuesdays where you can link up crafts, activities, recipes, tips and anything else for toddlers. I'd love it if you'd stop by:

    http://www.mydeliciousambiguity.com/

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! What a great idea for a birthday banner. I made one with just letters last year, but putting the name on the train is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this is so cute! The coal is my favorite part, too. I bet your nephew loved it!

    Thank you for participating the Creative Therapy session at Life in the Pitts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up to Tot Tuesdays! I’ll be featuring you this week so feel free to stop by and grab a Featured Button. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be featuring this banner over at the lovely paper blog for birthday week tomorrow! i love it and it turned out so cute!

    www.lovelypapershop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete