lalaloopsy party

February 15, 2012

a few weeks back i posted about planning my daughter's
lalaloopsy party

as promised there was lots of
buttons, sewing & lalaloopsy dolls
my daughter really likes the lalaloopsy dolls
and i loved incorporating so many of the handmade
details they have into a party.

...................................

invitation
for the invite, i drew inspiration from her doll
misty misterious's outfit

the cake
i saw a cake on pinterest that had a giant fondant
lalaloopsy doll on top.
that's a little outside of my decorating comfort zone.
but i thought i could recreate the bottom half
and add my own twist on top.
{to see the original check out my pinterest board
it's not perfect, but it's really important to me to make
my own cakes.

...................................
 
details
welcome sign - button number
 i like to have a backdrop for behind all
the bday girl's "blowing out the candles" pictures.
this one was made out of crepe paper {streamers} sewn together.
i learned how to do it here.
it was very easy, although time consuming.  if you try it,
just go as fast as you can, not worrying about it being perfect.
the less perfect ones actually look prettier.
also, it takes a lot of streamers.
i think i used about 10 rolls for this small area.
luckily they are cheap
{especially the 2 per pack at the dollar store}.
 i also used the doily ball that i showed you how to make here.
draping down from the doiley ball and
going out & down the edges of the streamers are
pom poms and buttons strung on baker's twine.
 my daughter's special banner
here's a closeup of one of the pennants
 food display
 
"treats" 


 paper printable banner



 {cute paper cups from the sugar diva}
 {i used this recipe but followed these directions}



 drink cup labels
{there were 2 versions that will be available-
this pink and then the multi colored scallop polka dot
background from the printed banner}

...................................

activities
i split the girls into a few small groups
to make it more manageable.
 each girl got to make a lalaloopsy pet.
the pets are very simple shapes so they were easy to recreate.
we decided to do the bunny and the mouse.
i created a template and cut them out of felt.
then i used a small hole puncher to make
the holes for the girls to sew their pets shut.
 we used a plastic "needle" and yarn
 the girls picked out button eyes and i hot glued them on.
 we also played "push my button"
{a lalaloopsy version of sorry}
 coloring
{i found this over sized coloring book at hobby lobby}
then as a whole group
"pin the button eye on the lalaloopsy doll"
{this picture looks kind of scary - ha!- i swear 
she could breath.  it was a very lightweight
gauzy scarf!}

...................................
 
favors
 favor bags from endless inkabilities
{same bags i used for my invite envelopes}
 favor tags - custom with name
 the favors included:
 a button barrette
lalaloopsy pencil toppers {found at target}
and a bag of color coordinating candies
 bag toppers


if you are interested in any of these paper goods
{some handmade/some pdfs},
please contact me through my etsy shop.
i may not have them up for awhile, but
if you send me a message i will be doing
orders by request.


for more lalaloopsy ideas check out




20 comments

  1. Oh my goodness. What cute stuff you have going on here. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable!!! Love all the details!! I have to share on my FB page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! So cute!!! good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this party looks like so much fun! You did an awesome job. I hope you don't mind but I featured you on my Show Off Saturday.
    http://www.mydecoupagedlife.com/2012/02/show-off-saturday-birthday-parties.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah-mazing! I love everything about it. Did you use a cricut? Absolutely fabulous. I'm following. Stop by www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com any time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phenominal job, Beth!! Every detail of this is just wonderful. I think my favorite is the favor bags...love how it's packaged so beautifully. And the contents are awesome, too. Would be delighted for you to link up with us at Mop It Up Mondays: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/02/mop-it-up-mondays-4.html

    Have a great week!
    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your photo! Thank you for sharing with Design Dazzle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO stinkin adorable!! My neices are all Loopsy-obsessed so I forwarded this link to my sisters :) Thanks so much for sharing!!

    PS: Featuring you tomorrow at the link party :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also, my 2 1/2 yr old is named Delaney too! XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an ADORABLE party! I just love every detail - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ADORABLE. im 26 years old & love lalaloopsy. what did you use to cut such perfect circles?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this party and would love to feature it on A to Zebra Celebrations. Please email me at atozebramichelle@gmail.com if interested in sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi I would love to get the pieces to make the pets for my daughters 6th bday party.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi I would love to get the pieces to make the pets for my daughters 6th bday party.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely LOVE LOVE the idea of making "your own pet". How can I go about obtaining the template and instructions for the activity.

    Mommy to HUGE LalaLoopsy fan!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i do sell the template through my etsy store. message me there if you are interested: http://www.etsy.com/shop/bethkruse23

      Delete
  16. Cute party! It brought a big smile to my face. I'd love for you to link this post up to my weekly link party. http://thelifeofjenniferdawn.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-little-bird-told-me-link-party-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the loot bags! I would love to have you add the link to my "loot bag linky". Thanks! http://eastcoastmommyblog.blogspot.ca/2013/08/loot-bag-ideas-link-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a fantastic theme! I love the toppers and the banner :)

    ReplyDelete